Thursday, February 26, 2009

A square inch of truth

The woman in the picture is not smiling.
Nor is she wearing any make-up to soften the sharp lines of her face.
She may have been pretty once. In the way that anyone young and slender is. But she is no longer young or slender. Her face is wrinkled and has the unmistakable roundness of somebody carrying more than a few extra pounds.
Her hair is unstyled and just a bit frizzy.
Her eyes are blank.
At first glance this is a woman with nothing to lose. I’d not want to meet her in a dark alley, that’s for sure.
But on closer inspection she just looks tired.
Passport photos, there’s no hiding from the truth.
I really do look like that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were you supposed to upload a photo? Would have loved to see it!! Passport photos make one look like escaped convicts!

CJ xx

Andrea said...

I don't know how to upload photos. I'm still very new to this blogging thing.
But even if I could I wouldn't. It would give people nightmares to see my axe murdering alter ego.
Please, think of the children!!!

Casdok said...

NO - no hiding from the truth of a passport photo :)

Anonymous said...

I bet you're a complete stunner and just don't want to embarrass the rest of us!!

CJ xx